K A M P A L A U G A N D A
with photojournalist Antonino Condorelli
13-19 March 2020.
Cost: 1275,00 €. Min/Max Participants: 7/10. Language of the workshop: English.
PAY SAFE HERE WITH
Please Read Carefully Terms and Conditions Below.
In one of the amazing countries of sub saharan Africa together with Antonino Condorelli you will develop your stories to get impressive and emotional images.
During the workshop, Antonino will collaborate closely with each photographer as they work on their individual stories, most specifically in the storytelling and editing processes.
At times, Antonino will try to go out with photographers, however experience shows that having another photographer around you while working only alters, affects the situation you are in. If a photographer is having difficulty in the field connecting with their story, Antonino will indeed go out with the photographer, guiding and inspiring wherever needed.
During this workshop you will be guided how to approach the subject and make intimate story.
The workshop is aimed for both advanced amateurs and professionals that want to make personal projects or who need to challenge their vision and purpose into new areas of storytelling. It will be an intuitive journey, where the aim is the photographers leave feeling inspired, changed, expanded in both their photography and life. It is an interior trip searching the essence than the pragmatic of photography
After the workshop registration, the work begins with remote meetings between you and Antonino email/Skype to discuss and plan your story idea. This is an important side of the work as we want to make sure you arrive able to dive into the creation process right away with the help of your fixer. The research phase is an important process of the work that allow you to deeply enter in the theme.
It is expected that each photographer arrives in Kampala on 12-01-2020 the latest, though we suggest you to arrive at least one day before. On 13-03-2020, at 8,00 AM we will meet at the workshop venue where each photographer will meet with Antonino, will be introduced to their fixer/translators to begin logistics planning for that day’s photography.
Over the next days, you will go deeply into the process of story creation using still photograph.
Editing of photographs will be hosted at the workshop venue during the day and late evenings, depending on your return from the field. Editing is done both individually with group, a fascinating learning experience for all when witnessing how each photographer’s images evolve throughout the course of the workshop, into a completed story.
Antonino reviews and discuss the photography you create each day, giving you insight and suggestions for your story narrative and the flow, so that the same evening or next day you continue expanding your story.
By the end of the workshop, depending on your engagement and story concept, you will have a 20-50 image completed essay.
There will also be engaging discussions and tutorial on the importance of social media through Instagram and career expansion in an ever changing industry.
Terms & Conditions
- To reserve a space on a workshop, a deposit of 25% of the full workshop fee is required.
- Final and full payment of the balance is due no later than 60 days prior to departure. A participant’s reservation will be canceled if full payment has not been received by 60 days prior to departure.
- The organization does not offer full or partial refunds once payment has been made unless the workshop is cancelled by Antonino Condorelli.
Please see the Cancellation Policy below for further information.
The workshop fee does not include travel, lodging or meals.
- All health, travel and other potential liabilities are the responsibility of the student and should be covered adequately by their own insurance. We strongly recommend you consult with your own physician about health issues and take out travel insurance for your belongings.
- Please check about visa requirements which may vary depending on your nationality.
- Students need to attend the workshop with their own gear and pc with photo editing programs.
- It is required to find stories in Kampala areas in order to maintain cheeper prices. Otherwise, stories outside Kampala are also possible to be planned but it may have higher cost for car and driver.
- All applicants must be 18 years old or older by the time of the workshop.
It is strictly recommended to buy an insurance for legal, health, and other issues may happen.
- Antonino Condorelli reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop for any reason, including canceling a workshop that does not meet minimum registration requirements or instructor unavailability If, under exceptional circumstances, such as health or accident, the instructors are made unavailable.
- Notification of cancellation due to insufficient enrollment will be made at least three weeks prior to the start date of the workshop.
- A full refund will be to the participant if Antonino Condorelli cancels the workshop, however, Antonino Condorelli will not be liable for any extra costs incurred, including, but not limited to travel to the workshop destination or accommodations.
We strongly advise participants to take out trip cancellation insurance.
This workshop is solely organized and run by Antonino Condorelli.
- Antonino Condorelli or any assistant, manager, organizer or support staff nor any another other participant does not assume liability nor responsibility for death, injury or accident to any participant participating in the workshop either in Uganda or while traveling to/from the workshop venue from their home countries.
- Antonino Condorelli or any assistant, manager, organizer or support staff nor any another other participant does not assume responsibility of a participant if they are arrested, if their equipment is damage, acts of robbery, loss of personal items, damages to other person’s property or other acts of neglect by the participant or neglect caused by someone else.
- Antonino Condorelli or any assistant, manager, organizer or support staff nor any other participant does not assume or cannot be held accountable for any cancellation of workshop due to war, conflict, demonstrations, act or terrorism, social unrest or acts of God.
- Each foreign participant is required to have a valid passport and is required to pay for their own visa into Uganda or through an Ugandan Embassy or Consulate office prior to arrival. Check with your Uganda Embassy or Consulate office for details as each passport holder’s country has different visa rules.
- Antonino Condorelli or any assistant, manager, organizer or support staff nor any another other participant does not assume nor are liable if the participant is refused entry into Uganda for any reason whatsoever.
- Each participant is required to pay for their own air travel and/or land travel to and from Kampala Uganda. Each participant pays directly their hotel fees, all food, fixer/translator fees, drivers and any incidentals. This is to keep workshop costs as low as possible, allowing each participant to choose how much they will spend.
- Minimum of 7 participants is required to host the workshop. The workshop can be cancelled if not having at least 7 participants with refunds offered only for the workshop fee. All other refunds related to hotels, air transport, etc, are the responsibility of the registered photographer in the event the workshop is cancelled due to falling below 7 participants.
- No refunds will be given after December 15th 2019, unless workshop minimum has not been met and the workshop is cancelled.
- In the event that the workshop does not reach a minimum number of participants before December 15th 2019, full refunds will be given however travel costs and other incidental costs incurred by the participant will not be refunded. Refund will be minus all bank transfer fees.
- If Antonino Condorelli falls ill or is injured during the workshop, he will do all he can to continue to host the event.
- Antonino Condorelli or any assistant, manager, organizer or support staff nor any another other participant will not be held accountable for any schedule/date changes.
- It is recommended that all participants purchase travel insurance from a reputable source.
- It is recommended that anyone requesting special health vaccines receive those before traveling to Uganda, on this purpose please note that Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is requested to enter the Country.
- Each participant and/or their spouses/partners, must abide by the laws and rules of Uganda.
Please note this immersive gathering is not about teaching how a camera works. This workshop is about storytelling and the power of photography. Each participant need not be a professional working photographer, however you must be a passionate human being first, one who is willing to go places in both your seeing and life, while having a solid understanding of their camera. Each photographer needs their own laptop with editing software, external hard drives to store their photos.